Home » Hosting » GoDaddy » How to set up email on Android | GoDaddy

How to set up email on Android | GoDaddy

How did you like the video?

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

This video has been updated. You can watch the new version here:

We know you’re excited to get your email set up on your Android®. We should have your email working on your device in about 5 minutes. These steps work for most of our customers, but sometimes you might need to make some additional changes depending on where you live and which ISP(s) you use.

Comments

1. Andrew Wright says:

Thank you very much!  Works like a charm.  🙂

2. Huw Price says:

Usual rubbish that doesnt work

3. Adalinka Linda says:

It doesn’t work for me. 🙁 Its nice tutorial,but doesn’t work. 🙁

4. Yazan Barjawi says:

Outgoing not connect to server always say “Unable to connect to email server verify your account information. No response form server” .. Why? now i can just receive email but i can’t send email from my android mobile

1. GoDaddy says:

Hi Yazan. What is the domain for your address? I’d like to see if I can spot any issues.^Jesse

5. Low Yi Shen says:

Incoming setting cannot be connected. Pop-out: “Unable to connect to email server to verify your account information. no response from server”. Please give my advise on this. Thanks.

1. GoDaddy says:

What domain or email address is that for Low? ^Nate

2. GoDaddy says:

+Low Yi Shen Sorry for the delay in our reply. I don’t see any issues with that address. Can you give some more details about where you are in the process when that error occurs. It would be super helpful if you could tell us all the steps you’re able to take before you get to that point as well. Also, please let us know the make and model of your device as well as the operating system version you have. ^Jesse

3. Low Yi Shen says:

+GoDaddy Sorry for the late reply. The error occurs after I click done on the incoming setting and this pop-out “Unable to connect to email server to verify your account information. no response from server”.
      My device is Samsung Note 3 Android version 4.4.2
      Regard Victor.

6. Chris Ishida says:

Authentication failed … now what?

1. GoDaddy says:

Hi Chris. I’d make sure you’re able to log in to your account at email.secureserver.net. If not, you may need to reset the password for the account.^Jesse

2. Chris Ishida says:

I already called in and got help. Thanks

7. Heather Johnston says:

I keep getting this error message when trying to get my work email setup on my Android.

Unable to connect to server )-ERR authorization failed Check your server settings.)

1. GoDaddy says:

+Heather Johnston Please go to support.godaddy.com and use the live chat option to directly speak to one our stellar support representatives. THey can assist you live through this and troubleshoot further. ^Colby

8. Heather Johnston says:

I sure will thanks!

9. RegressMeNot says:

10. Anthony Starfield says:

This did not work with my LG VS-700 Enlighten. Everything you suggested just gave me error messages.

11. Anthony Starfield says:

This video is still useless. I’m at a public library. I went to the wireless setting on my telephone. I managed to get the browser to talk to the library server. So that much is working.

Everything in this video is wrong! The screens in the video are not even the same as the screens on my LG VS-700 Enlighten. I keep getting this error message – Unable to open connection to server – which does not explain what the problem is.

There should be a button that means – I vote to delete this video.

1. Alok Kumar singh says:

1-855-531-3731 – Technical Support

12. Loveyda Sandoval says:

worked perfect glad this video was up

1. Kehinde Fakolujo says:

Please help.. How did you make it work?

13. Kehinde Fakolujo says:

Hi, I am having issues authenticating my emails. I have tried several times but no luck. I can see from comments below that this is a general problem. Please help

14. Amber Testini says:

I figured out what the issue is. Was having many issues that were the same as every one else!!! It is the username! Make the user name you godaddy email address and it lets you move forward!

1. Cheeky Billo says:

OMG! you saved my life. I seriously spent hours trying to figure this out and even godaddy customer service couldn’t help me. They couldn’t figure it out. This comment needs to go on the top so it can help everyone dealing with this problem.

2. Luminous P says:

Omg you are the best Amber, just re type your user name and boom, it works!

15. Julia Evans says:

I think this video is EXCELLENT 🙂 I love the fact that it starts and finishes with a video of the presenter and contains large and very clear screenshots of the important data which the reader needs.

1. GoDaddy says:

Awesome feedback here, Julia; thanks for taking the time. If you’re looking for more, we’re collecting all of our help videos in this playlist: http://bit.ly/godaddy-customer-support-videos-on-youtube 🙂 ^Noah

16. felicianofoto says:

PERFECT!!! Thank you!

17. Narek Zohrabyan says:

Unable to open connection to server.

18. Older General Skywalker says:

this seems…dated

1. GoDaddy says:

+Older General Skywalker Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You’re correct this video is old and has been deprecated. Here’s a link to the most current version: https://youtu.be/_2HR1SinWHM and here’s an additional version if you want to access email using the Outlook app on your Android device: https://youtu.be/C8JikWTCo6k .

19. Chriss Manongsong says:

why username and password are incorrect ?! im not totally account of email

20. O'jan Gharagozly says:

I’m setting up E MALES as we speak. See the commercial? I have nothing to do with it.
    I don’t deal with emails.