This Bluehost review relies heavily on data, as well as the overall experience with their hosting features and customer support.
Good Security Options
SiteLock is included to help prevent malware attacks, which are unfortunately fairly common on WordPress sites. CodeGuard is another form for protection, which also provides daily backups so you can roll back previous versions of a site if it does get hacked.
Even though Bluehost is one of the “cheaper” options on the market, we have been pleased to see that they don’t cut too many corners or skimp on critical features like security.
All plans also include a domain privacy feature that will help keep the personal information you used to sign up for a domain private. This prevents hackers from finding and using these personal details for phishing schemes to trick you or others into handing over sensitive information.
Getting the best deal on web hosting usually means prepaying for a few months, a year or several years at a time.
Bluehost is no different – more on that below. But they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on their plans.
You can try out the service to gauge their performance for yourself, and then still ask for a refund if you’re not completely satisfied. We have a few words of caution, though.
According to their terms, here’s what does and doesn’t fall under that guarantee:
You can only get refunds on the web hosting cost, not any other products like domains or other add-ons.
A $15.99 fee will be deducted if you received a free domain name in your plan.
Any requests after 30 days will not be refunded
Low Introductory Pricing
So you’d be getting a pretty good value for the price, plus their consistent uptime and page loading speeds.
We’ll look into Bluehost’s full pricing and plans in just a moment.
However, if you were to go check out the starting prices, you’ll notice the lowest advertised price is $3.95/month. That’s a pretty good deal.
‘Official’ WordPress.org Recommended Host
WordPress recommends Bluehost as its number one web hosting provider – and that’s no small feat, coming from a company that’s dealt with innumerable web hosts in its time. If you’re already set on having a WordPress site, then Bluehost is the best web host to go with.
Studies show that slow websites almost always translate into lower sales.
A 3 second delay can cost you 50% of your traffic.
Many Integrations, Apps, and eCommerce Features
Plus, Bluehost will even include access to a Content Delivery Network (CDN). These host your images and large files, taking that work off your servers, to deliver them faster to users around the world and keep your site quick at the same time.
For example, they have a domain manager if you’d rather just purchase and manage multiple domains through them. You can set daily, weekly, or monthly backups just in case.
Easy to Use for Beginners
It also has features for advanced users, but beginners too can easily install and start-up WordPress.
Or, they can use the Bluehost website builder tools(such as Weebly or Drupal) to start with a template that you can customize by just dragging-and-dropping features.
Pros of Bluehost
- No hidden charges: There are no hidden fees when signing up for your account.
- Security:Every Bluehost plan comes with a free SSL certificate, so you never have to worry about visitors getting a warning that your site is insecure.
- Free domain: You get a free domain name for a year included with your purchase.
- Ease-of-Use: Bluehost makes it a breeze to set up your website and manage it. The enhanced cPanel interface is as easy to use as it gets.
- Numerous databases: are available, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, CGI-BIN, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, and much more.
- Pricing: Their hosting plans are well within the reach of most users, particularly those who are just starting out.
- Unlimited: Most plans include unlimited disk storage, domain hosting, email addresses, and bandwidth.
- Dependable server uptime: Bluehost offers a super-competitive uptime guarantee of 99.98%
Cons of Bluehost
Bluehost is not without some disadvantages that you should be aware of before signing up.
- Upselling Addons: They have an aggressive upsell process during signup. But you can easily uncheck all the addons if you don’t need them.
- Higher domain renewal price Their free domain renewal price is higher than average.
- The customer service team gets mixed reviews.
Bluehost Hosting Plans and Features
Bluehost’s Basic plan will cost you $3.95/mo.
- Cloud hosting: A more reliable upgrade to the shared hosting plan. It allows you to utilize multiple cloud servers, allowing your website to automatically switch to a different server in case of a hardware failure or high traffic.
- Dedicated server hosting: A dedicated server to for your website, means you will have all the resources of the server to yourself. The downside is that you will have to manage the server on your own.
- WooCommerce hosting: WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress, it allows you to easily start an online store with WordPress. WooCommerce hosting offers you all the essential features to kick start your ecommerce store.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting: An upgrade to shared WordPress hosting, VPS hosting allows you to virtual dedicated resources in a shared environment.
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is the perfect way to start a new website with low traffic volume. In a shared hosting environment, your website shares server resources with other websites.
- WordPress hosting: A hosting package designed specifically for WordPress powered websites. It is optimized to run WordPress and can even protect your WordPress site against common threats.
- Upsells: Some Upsells. Unfortunately, it’s a common occurrence in the web hosting industry and happens with a lot of different big-name hosting companies.
- Ease of Sign-up: Easy two-page sign-up process.
- Hidden Fees and Clauses: No refund on any domain names. Renewal rates for both domains and hosting increase.
- Account Activation: Most users enjoy instant activation. If the information is inaccurate or there’s suspicion of fraud, activation might get delayed.
- Free domain? Yes for 1st year, then renews at $15.99.
- Control Panel and Dashboard Experience: Simple and easy-to-use control panel.
- Installation of Apps and CMS (WordPress, Joomla, etc.): Mojo Marketplace makes app installation quick and easy.
- Basic: Starts at $2.95 with a 36 months subscription
- Plus: Starts at $5.45/mo with a 36 months subscription
- Choice Plus: Starts at $5.45/mo with a 36 months subscription
Bluehost offers everything from a knowledge base, to live chat, email ticket support, and even phone support.
Bluehost offers a 24/7 support system where you can talk to their customer support representatives using live chat or phone.
One of the oldest web hosts started in 1996, Bluehost has become the largest brand name when it comes to WordPress hosting. They are an official ‘WordPress’ recommended hosting provider.
With Bluehost, you never have to worry about your website being slow even when there is a lot of traffic. If you’re looking to host a WordPress site, then this is the provider for you.
Conclusion: Is Bluehost the Right Choice for You?
Bluehost is often ranked #1 hosting company by many websites. They offer a wide range of hosting plans with tons of features that help you easily build your website.
All their hosting plans include expert 24/7 customer support from knowledgeable staff.
Ready to start your website Bluehost? Click here to select your Bluehost plan.
P.S. Have you used Bluehost before? Please consider leaving a review below – good or bad – doesn’t really matter as long it’s helpful to our visitors. Thanks for your support.